Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c installation

Questions relating to Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Clusterware.

Moderator: Tim...

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c installation

Postby ioask4it » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:46 am

Hi
I am installing into a fresh new VirtualBox machine the cc 12c 12.1.0.3, and the database supplied is a RAC SID:
I get the following error:
File:/u01/app/oracle/oms12cr2/oms/sysman/admin/emdrep/sql/core/latest/admin/admin_create_repos_user.sql
Statement:CREATE USER SYSMAN IDENTIFIED BY ****** DEFAULT TABLESPACE MGMT_TABLESPACE QUOTA UNLIMITED ON MGMT_TABLESPACE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
2013-07-06 11:40:29.256 TRACE rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.action.AbstractAction::handleNonIgnorableError: Delegating to caller ErrorListener
2013-07-06 11:40:29.257 ERROR rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.common.dbutil.jdbc.JDBCEngine::onException: SQLException: ORA-65096: invalid common user or role name

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-65096: invalid common user or role name

Indeed, if I run the next SQL: CREATE USER SYSMAN IDENTIFIED BY ****** DEFAULT TABLESPACE MGMT_TABLESPACE QUOTA UNLIMITED ON MGMT_TABLESPACE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP I get the same error...
Help pls
Last edited by ioask4it on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ioask4it

Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c installation

Postby Tim... » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 am

Hi.

Looks to me like you have installed pluggable database. You can't just create users in the old way on those. I've not played with PDB much at the moment, so I'm not really in a position to advise.

Your options are:

- Use DBCA to drop your database (the installation doesn't need to be removed) and recreate the database as a non-Container Database. Then management of the database will be as you expect.

or

- Learn how to do things the new way in pluggable databases. That will involve starting the pluggable database (from within the CDB), then creating the user in the PDB container. Like I said, I'm not the person to advise on this yet...

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: http://www.oracle-base.com
My blog: http://www.oracle-base.com/blog
Tim...