11g New Features Exam Doubt....

All posts relating to Oracle certification (OCA, OCP, OCM).

Moderator: Tim...

11g New Features Exam Doubt....

Postby amansharma81 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi sir,
This is about a generic doubt about 050 exam. How one should prepare for the various GUI tools given in 11g? Its tough to remember all the page navigations and/or the options on a given page. Than what's the best way to prepare for these tools?
Thanks and regards
Aman....
Aman....
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
amansharma81
Advisor

Re: 11g New Features Exam Doubt....

Postby Tim... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:57 am

Hi.

I don't remember a single question about gui tools in my exam. That's not to say there aren't questions in the pool though. I would expect you shouldn't need to know anything other than a general overview of the EM pages, like those in my articles. The DBA exams have traditionally been based on knowledge of APIs, rather than GUI tools.

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Site Admin

Postby amansharma81 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi sir,
Thanks for the answer sir. Yes I am reading and prepairing from your articles combined with Oracle docs. I am focussing over API only as its hard to remember each and every option.
I shall go as per your advice sir.
Thanks and best regards
Aman....
Aman....
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
amansharma81
Advisor

Postby Tim... » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:44 am

:)
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert