11g NF exam preparation doubt....

All posts relating to Oracle certification (OCA, OCP, OCM).

Moderator: Tim...

11g NF exam preparation doubt....

Postby amansharma81 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi sir,
I have read almost all the articles of yours about 11g NF OCP paper. My doubt is that you did mention in the blog that the articles are very basic and doesn't cover all the things which are asked in the exam. Now , here I am confused. So far, I ahe read your articles, plus 11g docs, where ever they were needed, NF book from Alapati. What's more that is asked in the exam which is missing and how do I go for it? I know, probably I am stretching things a little too much but still,please tell me what more to work/read upon as you have already cracked the exam.
Thanks and regards
Aman....
Aman....
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
amansharma81
Advisor

Re: 11g NF exam preparation doubt....

Postby Tim... » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:09 am

Hi.

Judging by what you've read it sounds like you've covered more than enough. My notes aren't complete, but you don't have to get 100% to pass, so I'm sure you will be OK, especially because you've read the other stuff as well.

The majority of the information is present, but there are a few little facts that were asked that weren't in my notes. On reflection, I don't think my notes were as bad as I thought. I will be revising them a little, but I doubt many people would notice the changes. :)

The main reason for making the comment was I didn't want people to just use my notes and then complain if they failed. I had an email from someone 2 days ago who passed using my notes, but I would prefer it if people did some extra reading. That's why I put the documentation links in the articles.

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: http://www.oracle-base.com
My blog: http://www.oracle-base.com/blog
Tim...
Site Admin

Postby amansharma81 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi sir,
Just wanted to give you the news that I am done with 11g NF exam today. Thanks so much for the entire help/support and guidance. Needless to say that I read your articles along with the other material and I mean it, yours are the best one from whatever available elsewhere.
Thanks and best regards
Aman....
Aman....
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
amansharma81
Advisor

Postby Tim... » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 am

Well done. :)
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert